Microsoft: systems (including hardware);
system and application development for Windows and Windows
- Drivers and services
- Mobile applications and system
- Automation (e.g., Office) and
other COM-based solutions
- Hardware & software
- C++, Win32 API, standard library
(STL), COM/OLE/ActiveX, MFC and others, Assembler, WDK,
DirectX, Visual Basic (VB), Visual Basic for Applications
(VBA), MS Office automation, Windows scripting (cmd,
PowerShell, Script Host).
- Also: sufficient for typical
projects, will be mastered on demand: .NET, C#,
- A framework for a Windows Mobile
device - robust background services, in-depth interaction
with the platform (e.g., telephony, GPS), and artificial
- A driver for transactional
control over a disk file system.
- A complete hardware and software
solution: hardware controller – bus – PC
– driver – application stack; overall system
- Secure Office product:
behavior modified for handling sensitive information.
- A mobile application for mass
users - a front end for a cloud system.
- Smart browsing: automated
Internet Explorer + database.
- Various components and
applications – more than 15 years experience. Years
in production without incidents.
Databases and data:
- Using in products
- Oracle, Oracle OCI, Oracle Pro/C,
PL/SQL, MySQL, Firebird, PostgreSQL, SQLWindows, Miscrosoft
Access. Some more used in the past.
- Also: sufficient for typical
projects: MS SQL.
- A compliance solution – a
data archiving product for mission-critical Oracle
- Database reengineering: reverse
engineer a legacy and a new database, transfer the data;
create a repeatable process and reusable software for the
- Test data generation: a complete
test database created for a healthcare system
- Databases used routinely in our
- Various, from micro/mobile to
One of us has experience of a technology
and product leader at a Java shop.
- Editions: Enterprise (EE), Micro
(ME), Standard (SE)
- Client systems (SWING)
- Server/Web systems (Struts
- Airline crew dispatching product:
Java client for a legacy mainframe application
- Test data integration system
– a distributed integrator for legacy automotive
hardware/software. No database, peer-to-peer distributed
data exchange via files over a LAN. SWING, localization in
multiple languages, XML/XSLT, parsers, etc.
- Healthcare systems – from a
wireless vital signs monitor to a nationwide scalable
- Distributed SOAP/Web service
based system with AJAX clients
- And others
UNIX-like systems, Linux
- POSIX, X Window, shells/filters,
scripting, kernel, drivers, C/C++, TCL/Tk, etc.
- Aircraft routing system:
reengineering – HP-UX, about 20 languages, X Window
clients, server applications and daemons, libraries
developed to replace third party dependencies
- Linux and other UNIX-like OS used
as a platform in multiple products
- TCP/IP, HTML/DHTML/CSS,
- Just started with Google
- A RIA/AJAX system with rich use
cases and trivial Web services backend. Using model-driven
architecture (MDA) and code generation, the team developed
charts, etc., in a month
- Various systems with Web user
interface and Java/Web service back end
Windows ScriptHost, Windows PowerShell, UN*X shells,
TCL/Tk. Python with Google APIs
- Wireless request processing
system: object-oriented Perl, Web services (Google,
SalesForce, etc.), email, databases, etc., Debian Linux
- Scripted rule engine
(Rhino-based) as a component of a healthcare system
- Scripting routinely used in
- Use at the moment: Windows
Mobile, Google Android, PalmOS (product
- Familiar with: BalckBerry,
- One of these days: iPhone. It doesn't fit our Intelligent Smartphone project. But in the other projects we can make a mobile component for iPhone as part of a complex solution.
- Windows Mobile system
programming, framework, application – see Windows
- Android – an Intelligent Smartphone
- PalmOS: Product in production
since 2004, no defects. Users requested exact replicas for
We develop heterogeneous combinations of
Management, process engineering
including dedicated development centers, teams, projects.
- Started from scratch, created
great teams, ensured successful delivery
- From waterfall to Rational
Unified Process (RUP), Agile (Scrum et al.).
- Created custom processes
- A dedicated development center. Tailor made from scratch.
Company specialization: product development in various technologies:
from z/OS mainframe system and database programming to Oracle,
UN*X, Java, Web, and Microsoft.
- A system of development and QA
processes at an outsourcing company – to achieve
marketable maturity. Ended up with ISO 9001
- A custom process developed by an
engineering team as a golden mean between RUP and Scrum
(too heavyweight and too tactical, respectively)
System administration: Linux, Windows
Can put together a system from scratch and
Custom solutions: that’s what we
have been doing for years. Specific skills are secondary; the
overall background and capabilities allow us to take on
challenging and very different projects – and succeed.